Friday, March 29, 2013

An Assortment of Thoughts

As part of my travel preparation, I have been reading similar blogs to mine for ideas and inspiration.  My favorite blog to date is My European Adventure by raisedbywildgrapes.

Raisedbywildgrapes left the great white north to explore the old country last year and has not gone back.  I stumbled across her blog when I searched for "one-way ticket to Barcelona" on google.  Expecting to find my blog post on my one-way ticket to Barcelona, I was surprised to find that another fledgling 23 year-old had had the same idea as me!  This adventurous Canuck posts some great stories and is a really good read for those planning a long-term stay in Europe.  Her stories on Italian Woofing have inspired me to trade meat and shoes for tofurkey and sandals for a few weeks after my first post-Jump leg of my trip.  Here is the link to her posts on Woofing in La bella Italia! http://raisedbywildapes.wordpress.com/category/wwoofing/

On a separate note...





It has come to my attention that the name I chose for this Google account could not be any lamer.  Erik Explorer.  Am I so unimaginative as to take Dora the Explorer's (No, I don't watch her show.  I have young cousins) last name?  In my defense, I was in a rush and want to keep my blog a secret from coworkers...no need to ruin the surprise of my resignation!




This also brings up the question as to why I have no pics or details on me.  The answer is pretty much the same.  Anonymity...for now.  Pictures to come soon in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment